The following policies are established to ensure that all prospective applicants for a rental property processed by CKS Property Management will be treated equally.
AGENCY DISCLOSURE: The Property Owner and /or Agent and the Applicant confirm that in connection with the transaction contemplated by this Application, the Agent/Leasing Company and its agents are acting on behalf of the Property Owner as Property Owner's Agent.
Please read the following policies. If you feel you meet the guidelines for qualifying, we encourage you to submit an application. Only one application will be processed at a time and applications will be processed in the order received. An incomplete application will not be considered.
1. We Are an Equal Opportunity Housing Provider
We fully comply with the Federal Fair Housing Act. We do not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin. We also comply with all state and local fair housing laws.
2. Housing Availability Policy
Rental properties become available when they are ready to rent. A vacant rental will not be deemed available until it has been cleaned, and prepared for a new resident. We update our list of available rental properties as each rental becomes available. A rental property that was unavailable in the morning may become available later that same day.
3. Occupancy Guidelines
To prevent overcrowding and undue stress on plumbing and other property systems, we restrict the number of people who may reside in a rental property. In determining these restrictions, we adhere to all applicable fair housing laws. We use the standard used by the California Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH), that is based on the "Two-Plus-One" rule. Which means that we rent to no more than three people to a one-bedroom, five people to a two-bedroom, and seven people to a three-bedroom rental. Another words it is two people to a bedroom plus one more.
4. No Pet Policy
No pet will be allowed (except legal guide, signal, or service dogs) without prior written permission from the management and a pet deposit. Known breeds of dogs prone to aggression such as Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, Siberian Huskies, German Shepherds, Alaskan Malamutes, Dalmatians, Chows, Doberman Pinscher, Great Dane, Saint Bernard, Akita, and Wolf Hybrids will not be approved due to insurance restrictions. Be sure to specify your breed of dog.
5. Application Process
We evaluate every application in the following manner.
You must submit a rental application and answer all questions on the form. All adults living in the rental property must complete an application and meet qualification requirements.
Each Applicant is required to pay a $38 nonrefundable application fee. We will determine whether, from your responses to the application questions, you qualify for the rental property you are applying for.
If you do not, we will reject your application. If you do, we will check your credit report, criminal history, and employment and rental references to confirm that they meet our rental criteria. If you meet our criteria, we will approve your application.
This process could take up to 24 hours. We process only one application at a time for any of our rental properties. If you are interested in renting a property that has an application pending on it, we can accept back-up applications. You will not be asked to pay an application fee if you submit a back-up application. If the first application is rejected, we will call the person(s) who submitted the first back-up and give them an opportunity to apply and at that time collect the nonrefundable application fee.
6. Rental Criteria
To qualify for a rental property at CKS Property Management, you must meet the following criteria:
- Income - Applicant(s) monthly gross income from all sources must be two and a half (2½) times one month's rent (some properties require 3 times the month's rent). You must provide verification of all income. Income will be verified by employer contact.
- Self-employed Applicants - Self-employed Applicants must provide their most recent tax return and 3 months bank statements. Unverifiable income will NOT be considered. If you have been a full-time student at any time within the past year, we may require you to have your lease guaranteed. If you are unemployed, you must provide proof of a source of income.
- Rental History - You must have satisfactory rental references from at least two prior landlords or for at least the last two years. If you have ever been evicted or sued for any lease violation, we may reject your application.
- Credit History - Your credit record must currently be satisfactory with a FICO score of 580 or better. If your credit history shows any unpaid debts, we may reject your application.
- Guarantors - If you do not meet one or more of the above criteria, you may be able to qualify for the rental property if you can get a third party to guarantee your lease. The guarantor must pass the same application and screening process that you must pass, except that we will deduct the guarantor's own housing costs before applying his or her income to our income standard. A guarantor must make a minimum of four times the rent to qualify. The fee for an individual guarantor (co-signor) is $38.
- Criminal History - If you have ever been convicted of a felony, we may reject your application. If you have been convicted of a misdemeanor involving dishonesty or violence within the past five years, we may reject your application.
- Move-In - Upon acceptance to rent, applicant must pay deposit in full. On or before the move-in date the applicant must pay one full month's rent. Both deposit and first month's rent must be in the form of a cashier's check or money order. The rent for a partial month's period shall be prorated on the basis of a 30-day month.
- Prior to Occupancy - Prior to occupancy each resident shall be required to sign a standard rental agreement or lease. All proposed applicants must be legally qualified and competent to execute a rental contract.
PLEASE BRING A PICTURE ID, SOCIAL SECURITY CARD AND PROOF OF INCOME WHEN TURNING IN A APPLICATION.